An Surprise Sunrise

I'm working hard to finish up my piece for the Stretching Art exhibit, Neverending, that will be showing at the Quilter's Heritage show in Lancaster. Alas, my handwriting was sloppy and I misread when it's due: the 20th, NOT the 26th. ARGH! (Of course, if I had really thought about it, I would have realized my mistake much sooner since the show starts April 2nd.) At any rate, I've been focused on getting it done. I can't remember if I can reveal it before the show, but I thought you might like to see some of the fabric I embellished for it earlier this week. On the brown fabric, I rubbed over some wavy card stock with two colors of painstiks. I painted the edge of the yellow fabric with different dilutions of color and then wet the edge so the paint would run a bit. Though it's not what I intended, I think the yellow fabric looks like a sunrise. Hmmm, maybe that will be next....

Comments

Judy Alexander said…
I have 2 quilts going to this show. I can so relate to last minute. Can't wait to see the final piece.
pretty! i wanna see up close! when is our next playdate?
Norma Schlager said…
i love that sunrise/sunset fabric. I'd like to see what you do with it.